Sunday, November 3, 2013

Exercise 14

Online Newspaper:
The Day

The Day, is my town paper. It is what I read when I am home. When you look it up online, it doesn't have the full show or news cast. But it does have clips of what the local news cast has.

If you go to the Multimedia tab on the website, you can see a list of either videos or photos. It shows you the latest video that has been posted.

There is also one more thing that they have online that is not on the actual newscast. If you run the mouse of the multimedia tab, then over the video tab you will see another option that says Live Lunch Brunch. This is a concert and interview series that is only recorded and done on Thursdays at 12. It is a live recording of bands who come into the studio and play. And any band can play, they can sign up online.

Everything looks good. I think the online newspaper is kept up nicely and it is very professional looking. I really like the Live Lunch Brunch. I think it is unique and separates this paper from any other online paper. The packages are the same length of time as all the other packages online. The videos are the same length as average news reports, maybe a little longer. And the topics of the packages are interesting because they are what people who get the paper want to see. The latest video is titled Two Schools One Campus. The two schools they are talking about are in my town, I didn't go to either one of them but I had friends go to them. And I found it interesting. One school is the New London High School and the other is The Magnet School. They are connected by a hallway. It is the same same but different. It is pretty cool and I actually like to watch that package. Videos on here include sports, political, and other topics that deal with the town of New London and The New London County.

I really liked the online newspaper of The Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment