Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Exercise Six (Recording)

Recording

Julia Rose
            For our podcast, Yolanda and I decided to choose a topic that would give a lot of people time to think and give good answers. Plus we wanted a topic that people would actually want to listen to. We chose the topic what is people’s favorite things to do in the fall and if they could give us a story about a past event they have done in the fall. We both interviewed separate people we knew and asked them what they like to do in the fall and recorded them. I asked two people, my sister Laura and my brother Robert. I thought it would be a good idea to use those two people because they are not from this state so it would give more of diversity in answers. I also asked interviewed them because my sister is 16, and my brother is 13. Those are two different ages that you will not find on campus. They are younger too so my thought was it may give us different answers than what we would get from college students. When I interviewed them I did get different answers, answers that I wanted and were distinct to their age group. My brother gave me a typical 13 year old answer which was getting candy at Halloween.

Yolanda Liang
Fall is a step between summer and winter. Fall lasts for almost three month, which is from September to November. It can be a mixed season with very warm days along with cooler days. Especially for some areas, it is an amazing season when the leaves turn magnificent colors. During these months, most people have lots of things to do, such as climbing, boating, travelling, and carving pumpkins. Also, there are several breaks and festivals during the fall, like fall break, Halloween, and Thanksgiving.
Julia and I created this Podcast, which was for the students who wanted to share their stories. We interviewed some students from Lyndon State College, some of them are Vermonters, and some of them are international students. From their descriptions, fall is not only for people to enjoy the beautiful scenery, but also for them to experience various interesting and energetic activities.
I love travelling in fall because of the mild-mannered weather. I went to Boston, New York City and Burlington, VT during fall break. During the Thanksgiving break, I went south to Montgomery, AL, and Atlanta. Experiencing the world and culture is my favorite thing to do in fall foliage season. 
Na Zhan, a senior major in Education, said that she had the craziest experience during fall break. Sarah Chen, a sophomore major in Business, talked about her experience in both America and China. She wanted to go boating with her American friends in Vermont. She also has a good memory of climbing mountains with her family back in China.

What’s more, an American twin sister, named Tabi and Tela, also have their favorite things to do during the fall foliage season. Both of them are from Vermont so they know that Vermont is positioned as the gold standard when it comes to fall leaves. Tabi talks about her favorite thing to do, which is pumpkin festival in King New Hampshire. Tela talks about pumpkin carving as well. She also shared a story with us about the leaves fights with her siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment